City Council Meetings
Second (2nd) Wednesday of each Month
5:30 p.m.
Scanlon City Council Chambers

City of Scanlon
2801 Dewey Avenue
Scanlon, Minnesota 55720



City of Scanlon 218-879-4578
Gas Leak 888-944-4564

Garbage Services:
Cloquet Sanitary Service
Nordic Waste
Waste Management
Carlton County Disposal
North State Services
Local Newspaper
Cloquet Pine Journal 218-879-1950
Police/Fire Emergency 911
Police Offices (218)- 879-1247
Dispatch (218)-384-4185 The City contracts with the Cloquet Police Department
Community Memorial Hospital 218-879-4641
Raiter Clinic 218-879-1271

Cloquet Public Schools Administration...218-879-6721

Sather Park is located on Washington Avenue Hours Sunday-Thursday 7:30 am to 10:00 pm Friday and Saturday 7:30 am to 11:00 pm
Riverside Park is located along the St. Louis River
Community Center Park ..... Located next to the Community Center. Hours Sunday-Thursday 7:30 am to 10:00 pm, Friday and Saturday 7:30 am to 11:00 pm.

Parking Regulations:
No parking on any city street from November 1 to April 1 between the hours of 12:00 a.m.-.6:00 a.m.

Dog & Cat Licenses:
Licenses can be obtained at the City Hall or through Friends of Animals. Bring a copy of the Current Rabies Vaccination. Licenses are free in the month of May - Any other month they are $20.00.
Animal Control Services: 428-0379 (24 hour service)
Friends of Animals office 879-1655

Clerks Office:
Notary services are available for City of Scanlon residents. Please call 218-879-4578 to set up an appointment.

Community Center Rental:
The Community Center is available for renting for parties, receptions, etc. The cost is $20.00 per hour (up to 6 Hours) with or without the use of the kitchen. The maximum daily amount is $200.00 (anytime over 6 hours). There is a $15.00 charge to come in early to set up/cleanup. This is only allowed if time is available.

A Security Deposit of $200.00 is required at the time you reserve the date. Key needs to be returned within 2 business days after the event and at that time your $200.00 Security Deposit will be returned if no damage is done. Feel free to call with any questions or to check availability.

City reserves the right to charge more than the Security Deposit for any additional clean up fee's if a mess is left behind.

Building Permi
Building permits are required for most improvements including fences. Call City Clerks Office prior to any improvements 879-4578 or come down and fill out a building permit application. If work is started without obtaining a permit the fee is doubled. The City contracts with Bill Schlenvogt for our building inspections.

Where to vote
Vote at the Scanlon Community Center
School District Items Vote at Cloquet Armory
Register to vote at your local voting place or at Carlton County Courthouse in Carlton

Call before you Dig
It's the law to call before digging. Call Gopher State One 800-245-5852.